Sunday, January 10, 2016

No Big Deal - So I Thought - #1

The trouble started in the fall of 2012. I was feeling tired and sometimes I would get a sharp pain in my abdomen. A doctor friend suggested I get an MRI but I thought it was no big deal, so I ignored it. When 2013 rolled around the pain started hitting more frequently and severe. I ended up getting that MRI and discovered it was a 15 cm tumor taking up every available space in my abdomen. Surgery was scheduled and we waited for the pathology report. It came back as an Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma. The doctor said it was slow growing, radiation wasn't recommended, and the main treatment was surgery if it reoccurred. The survival rate was 99%. 

No big deal, I thought. I went to Eden Valley Lifestyle Center in Colorado for their 10-day program and then thought I was good. I wasn't going to worry about cancer ever again.


Eden Valley main office and my 10-day home 

 Lots of juices, teas, tinctures, and vitamins

Fever baths, hyperbaric chamber, and sauna treatments

Lectures, Worships, and Cooking classes

Hiking and Outings - I was the only lady patient and the youngest but I survived! 
They were a great bunch of guys.


  Wonderful food! Mostly raw

I felt God's presence there. 
It really was a good experience that I took home with me.







1 comment:

  1. Terri!
    We will pray... Jonathan was born at Eden Valley. It is a heavenly haven -- so glad it was a good experience..
    praying...

    ReplyDelete