Monday, January 11, 2016

Man's Prognosis or God's? - #4

I was interested in seeing my pathology report, but I didn't hear from the doctors for almost two weeks. I called but didn't really get a straight answer. I finally just asked them to send me the report and that is when I discovered that my cancer had been misdiagnosed and now they said I have Leiomyosarcoma, a very aggressive form of cancer. 

Gary and I were anxious to talk to the oncologist to find out more. We were relieved that we had a doctor that was experienced and concerned for my well being. He didn't seem to have an agenda to get me through the conventional treatment. In fact, he highly discouraged the use of chemo and radiation in my case. So what kind of treatment is left from a conventional doctor? 

Fortunately for me, I have hormone receptors in my cancer. Not everyone does. This gives me a small window for optional treatment, aromatase drugs, hormone inhibitors. Without treatment or if this treatment doesn't work, he gave me 6-12 months of life. However, with the treatment the life expectancy is only 3-4 years. 

I went away very sobered but at peace. This is man's prognosis, not God's.  I don't know what God's will is for my life but I want to live it to the best I know for His glory for as long as I have. I believe in positive attitude as the best medicine. I also believe God gave us hundreds of natural remedies to be healed by. It is now my work to find the treatment plan that God specifically designed for me. 



God promises life, maybe not on this earth but forever in the earth made new. 

" I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Thank you Laurie's Photography for the beautiful pictures!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Terri! What a beautiful blog and inspiring story! Thank you for sharing your journey. Our prayers are ascending for your entire family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is VERY much in our prayers!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome! Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beatiful testimony, Terri! You are a blessing! ((Hugs)) and Prayers. - Julie Pellow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your journey. It is emotional and yet uplifting. Jesus is the only answer. We want you to know that you are in our prayers, praying Jesus will give you strength, courage and healing. You friends, Les & Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for being brave to share you story! It has given me some real uplifting food for thought. Praise God for the blessing you choose to be in this trial and your trust in God! May God keep giving you peace, help, and your next step each moment. Love you! Lana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a blog too of John's medical catastrophe three years ago. Feeling for you, dear sister, from o, so many years ago!

    ReplyDelete