Thursday, March 17, 2016

3 Months or 3 Years

When I went to my oncologist last, I had already been for a few weeks on my protocol (see other blog post), as well as taking the hormone inhibitor drug that was prescribed. I was feeling pretty good by this time, having recovered from surgery. The scan I had taken revealed very little as to what is going on and the doctor said there really wasn't much other information he could give me since my cancer is rare and there isn't a lot of concrete evidence on life expectancy, etc. However, he commented on how good I looked and how wonderful I felt. Then he said, whether I feel good for 3 months or for 3 years, to count every day a blessing. That meant a lot to me. Live every day to its fullest!

God has been so good to us during this time. Gary and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this summer. Last year we had decided that we would save for a trip to Alaska, preferably a cruise and then a little time to visit with some relatives and friends who live there. We had a good start to our savings when the medical disaster hit. The two-years worth (Dec. '15 and Jan. '16) of out-of-pocket medical expenses more than swallowed our savings. We resolved that Alaska was not possible, but to my surprise, a friend set up a "Go Fund Me" account (https://www.gofundme.com/v6kxzazg) to send me on that trip as well as help with medical expenses. I was humbled as money came in, that people wanted to help with someone else's dream, as well as help with the many medical expenses. I want to thank each and every one of you that contributed to that fund. It is such a blessing! God also provided Gary and I a temp side job of helping some relatives prepare for an estate sale, which also helps our Alaska savings.

Thanks you! I am looking forward to seeing God's beautiful country!



Also, thank you for all the prayers and words of encouragement from all around the world. People I don't even know say they are praying for me. I am blessed and I hope in turn I can be a blessing to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment